Fritz!box, stylized as FRITZ!box, is a sequence of residential gateway gadgets produced by the German organization AVM GmbH. The series was estimated to have a market share of 68% of the digital subscriber line (DSL) consumer equipment in Germany last 2010.
Before we get started, I would like to share to you something about routers, modems and why you need FRITZ!box.
Majority of people who use a modem also uses a router, so why not combine the two and make a router that also comes with a modem? It cuts down the unnecessary cable problems and only requires one power source making it more convenient for everyone.
Then next came was broadband modems. These ADSL (asymmetric digital subscriber line) made better use of the phone lines, thus providing a big increase in speed. Most broadband routers, such as the FRITZ!Box 7590 and FRITZ!Box 7530, are ADSL routers.
There’s also LTE (Long-Term Evolution), it is used to connect to the Internet using mobile phone data connectivity through 3G, 4G and (coming soon) 5G. You can also buy a router that uses the mobile phone networks to go online, such as the FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE.
Opening The FRITZ!Box Setup Page
Okay let’s get started so you can setup your FRITZ!box:
Remember You can open the FRITZ!Box setup page on all computers, smartphones, or tablets connected to the FRITZ!Box.
1. First open a browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
2. Enter the address http://fritz.box on the search bar.
3. Enter the FRITZ!Box password and you’re all done.
4. Now you can configure all of the FRITZ!Box functions and view all the information about the product, your access, and connections in the setup page.
- You can also enter http://fritz.box or the IP address of the FRITZ!Box (http://192.168.178.1 in the factory settings) to open the setup page. In addition, you can always use the emergency IP http://169.254.1.1 to access the FRITZ!Box.
- It is not possible to call up the user interface via the guest access.
- Always enter the complete address http://fritz.box. If you enter the address without the “http://”, for example, the web browser may start a web search instead of opening the user interface.
- if you connected two FRITZ!Boxes with each other, you can use the Mesh overview of the first FRITZ!Box to easily open the setup page of the second FRITZ!Box.
Something You Need To Know About Setting Up Passwords:
A modern supercomputer can crack simple passwords in a matter of seconds, for example, “123456” or “password.” In many cases, weak passwords represent a potential security risk. So always make sure when you’re creating a password you should always be creative and mix letters, numbers and special characters.
In case that one of your passwords gets hacked, you should not use a password on multiple websites or accounts, you need to create separate passwords for each account.
We hope our guide was able to help you in any way. If not please leave us a comment bellow or contact our team.